D.E. coming out from pool returns

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello friends,

I just replaced the seal and the big oring on the pentairl 4000 series valve. I am experiencing some d.e discharge from the pool returns when I first start the pump. The d.e. discharge stops after a few seconds of operations. Please help me with the problem. Manifold no cracks and filter no rips. I can double check and take it to have inspected by a trained individual?

Please advice,
George

Hello friends,

I am still having a little water coming out of the backwash valve and d.e. from the returns. Could it be that I need a new backwash valve? or perhaps I installed the seal on the valve wrong? I would hate to purchase a new valve if I do not need to.

Please advice,

Richard320 said:
Try moving the valve back and forth a few times, with the pump off, of course. You could have some debris down in there preventing it from fully closing.

Will do that. I must say that when I took out the valve, I cleaned it very well by placing in a bucket and slowly removed all of the old lube. When I placed it back in to position, plenty of lube and care when it to the installation. if the problem with the d.e. continues, I will take it out the valve again and check for proper seal installation.

Thanks for the advice and will keep you posted!
George from nearby Claremont

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.