It's been a month, turning on SWG?

Our plaster was installed 4 weeks ago, so now I'm ready to fire up the Intellichlor (IC40). I've been doing the bleach thing for the past month with no problems...thanks to the info from this forum :goodjob: . I guess I need to buy some salt test strips or take a sample to Leslies? Until I test it......let's assume there's somewhere around 250ppm of salt currently in the water, in that case Pentair says I need to add between 400 and 500 pounds of salt to reach 3400ppm. Should this be done all at the same time? Or should I throw in half of it today and half of it tomorrow, run the pump for 24 hours and turn on the intellichlor?

I'd have it tested to know what salt level you're already at. Once you know, use the pool calc to figure out how much more you need to add. Just dump it in all at once and then brush it around a bit and you'll be surprised how fast it dissolves. Wait at least 24 hours to turn on the swg after it's dissloved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.