Pool alarms that actual work well.

I have the maytronics swim alert. I have been happy for 2 years, I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old, works every time I forget to disarm it, it's very loud! It has bad reviews on amazon, but it was recommended by good housekeeping which was where I learned about it. It will give false alarms sometimes when the wind gets over 25 mph, but not always. I adapted it to an above ground pool by mounting a piece of plywood, cut to the shape of the bottom of the alarm, between the alarm and the pool. Hope this helps.

I'm sure the main difference is the way they mount. With a little ingenuity you can make an ig alarm work on an above ground. Also, the swim alert has a remote alarm so it will sound at the pool and in my house as well, you can only disarm it at the pool though. It rearms itself so you don't have to remember to do it yourself. I know an alarm isn't a fail safe, but it gives me an extra bit of insurance which is very comforting when considering mine and the neighborhood children. I would highly recommend the swim alert, but it's also the only alarm I have any experience with, if it fails even one time I'll trash it without another thought to its cost!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.