ckcarpenter

Jul 27, 2012
Nice to find you people! I have been an above ground pool owner for the past 5 years. I have a 30 foot round above ground pool that is surrounded by a large deck and adjacent platform. I have had five years of relatively low pool maint. until this year and I have been plagued with Algae bloom after algae bloom not to mention a constant green sediment on the bottom of my pool. I have been reading and researching this site and the first thing I'm doing today is getting a testing kit and check out my CYA levels as I have dumped a ton of bag shock and bleach into my pool, which clears it up, almost, and then it comes right back...I've also learned that once I get things leveled out I will be shocking with bleach only...This site is great and I'm glad I found you all...as a side note my true dream is to convert to an in-ground pool that i hope to do in the next 5-10 years...

Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place. I found this site at the beggining of the season and turned my putrid green pool into a beautiful lagoon. I'm so glad that you went ahead and ordered the test kit. It's the essential item needed to fix your pool. You're going to love how easy pool maintenance is after you get your pool completely clear. Two minutes a day and I haven't had to shock since I first opened. :)

Welcome to TFP!

You didn't say which test kit you were getting. Please make sure that your kit has the FAS-DPD chlorine test. The regular DPD is not the same. I would reccommend the TF-100 at www.tftestkits.net. It is the best value out there and is only available on the website. The Taylor K-2006 is good too.