Change diving board?

Jan 20, 2012
West KY
Our pool came with a standard 6 ft diving board. My kids have noted several times that it has nearly no spring to it like "grandma and grandpa's pool had"
Can it be swapped for an 8 ft board? I realize this would mean the board would hang over the water an additional 2 ft, but I must say I'm unimpressed with this board as well. If it can't spring with my 200 lbs, I know it's got to be lame for the kids.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

You may want to look at the specifications for boards on the SR Smith web site. Depending on the stand, an 8' board may not hang into the pool the extra 2'. Some stands have cantilever leaf springs that install a similar distance away from the pool.

jmhjgh said:
You may want to look at the specifications for boards on the SR Smith web site. Depending on the stand, an 8' board may not hang into the pool the extra 2'. Some stands have cantilever leaf springs that install a similar distance away from the pool.

Interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.