Cooling Pool with Pentair Deckjet 2s

Apr 9, 2012
I have seen some discussion about cooling a pool through evaporation. Has anyone tried to retrofit their deckjet 2 deckjets to produce a finer mist that will essentially bring the water temperature down similar to the misters and fountains that people install? I am debating purchasing a Glacier cooling system or trying to go the inexpensive route of adding a mister through my returns to get some evaporative cooling effect. While thinking through it, I thought about my 6 deckjets that could somehow be retrofitted to produce a mist as opposed to their thick jet.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

I only have 2 deck jets and I can see a difference in temp by running them, they tend to cool the pool off better at night.
If you have not already try running your pump with all the jets at night, with 6 jets that should do it unless you have one of those monsters they call a pool :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.