Green cloudy water HELP!!!!

Jul 15, 2012
So, we have put up an 18 x 48 Intex Easy Set pool. We have had cloudy green water since it has been up and have made NUMEROUS trips to the pool store. It was clear Saturday morning until we saw that it needed vacuumed, after we vacuumed it the water became very cloudy and green colored again. I have tested it with the 6 way HTC kit from walmart and all levels show to be good. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. I also have the 1500 cartridge filter that came with the pool but have ordered a new 2500 filter pump that should be delivered tomorrow, will this help at all?? I am greatly frustrated and running to the pool store daily to get it tested is getting rather expensive! HELP!!!

Hi jfoster182 and welcome to TFP! :)
Yes, a better filter is always better with Intex pools, Mine was a very sorry 1000GPH with a 'A' cartridge filter. I did have a 15'X 48".
Read through Pool School Link at the top of the page.
Make sure you read this one about testing kits:
pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

The preferred kit is the TF-100, next the TF-50 and then the Taylor K-2006 kit
This method taught here works around having your own test kit and then learning what the pool needs and addressing those needs.

Read, read and read here and this will be the best college education for free here at TFP!

See this link and follow instructions:
what-we-need-to-know-to-answer-your-questions-t10341.html

Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.