Cloudy Water

With about and inch or slightly more of rain today that we desperately needed ~ we have finally turned the corner. Water cleared through the storms today significantly. Got in tonight and ran the vac to pick up stragglers & remnants deposited from the storm & staying at shock level for at least another day. Since test kit has been in hand I have passed the OCLT & had 0 cc but with this rain I felt tonight I should keep it boosted they are predicting 2" additional rain through the night / rain tomorrow & now they have said rain coming through the weekend. So I am just going to vac when I can, keeping it clean as possible until the weather passes through. Thanks for the help I will be following this through until all of my numbers are spot on, but did want to say with a decent size sand filter ~ it did take time to clear so others who are in the process know what to expect.

I don't know if I'm on the right category thread, but I have a question - we had a bad storm down here in Florida tonight and my power was out a couple of hours or more - it came back on, pump and swg wasn't on a timer and I was thinking of going out there and putting my pump and swg on...don't really want to go out there..it's dark in my yard at night.. Would it be ok to skip one night, will my water get cloudy or worse? Oh..I ran the filter for 12 hrs and my swg for 6 hrs the night before. Any advice? :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.