New Pool coming to our yard soon!

Thanks all! Yes, as part of code, a child fence is mandatory between any opening of the house and pool. If you get a chance, check out the blueprints at the beginning of the post. The fence is sketched in as a dashed line. A very good observation Hotrod30! Countrygirl, take all the heat you want, it was 96 today! :shock: Cobra, keep watching, our landscaping is set to start soon too! Tomorrow, the plumber and electrician are due. I hope I can talk with the plumber before leaving for work. I want to make sure he knows that we are using 2" everywhere. The folks that did the coping and tile stubbed the skimmer with 1 1/2". I don't have a long run to the equipment, but I want to make sure there are no restrictions on feeding the pump.
Thanks for looking :)

Hotrod30 said:
Just wondering....... what are you going to use to "kid proof" any door that goes out to the pool from the house?

We had to install these awful door alarms. My tinnitus is already deafening, thank you. I guess different places have different codes. Then I found out from my neighbor that all they had to do was activate their security alarm door alarms (much friendlier noise) and that was enough for the inspector.

Anyway, the fence is always a safer bet with young children. The pool is coming along beautifully!

Well, more delays. :x Unfortunately the plumbing is not holding pressure! Plumbers came back to see where the leak was, but couldnt find any signs of moisture. They ended up cutting into and isolating the main drain lines and that is where they say the leak is occuring. It doesn't look like its anywhere from the new lines they ran yesterday. They said they need to come back tomorrow to dig down below and see. I hope its the 90 elbow that leads to the main drain fitting. They said if its not they have to jack out the main drain and reset it. (i really hope not!) The footer for screen was dug today, but they had to call off the electrician and obviously the inspections for tomorrow. I will express my deepest wishes to the PB that they fix the problem in time to still schedule inspections and get pour done this week!

The plumbing was put in on Monday, and was set at 40psi - it read 9 psi yesterday. The plumber came back and re-pressurized the system to 45 psi, but it would drop about 1 psi every 1-2 minutes. The weird thing was that there was no visible leak or water anywhere. This is why he believes it to be the main drain line under the pool or the 90 that goes to that run. The plug in the main drain doesnt show any signs of leaks because the fine layer of sand is undisturbed. I hope all goes well today and they fix it!

Good day! Turns out this morning that the leak was in fact the drain plug on the main drain. It was slow enough to not disturb the sand. I will check pressure tom. to verify. The electrician came out early as well and we were able to make inspection. We should be pouring tomorrow for enclosure footer. I figure by Monday the pavers will begin.

The footer for the enclosure was poured today. We are on schedule for pavers to be installed tom. or Monday. We are about a week to a week and a half away from opening the pool!!

Equipment pad

131-3103_IMG.jpg

Enclosure by sun deck side

131-3104_IMG.jpg

Enclosure on street side

131-3105_IMG.jpg

Street side shot

131-3106_IMG.jpg

Some more interesting photos to follow next week, have a great weekend everybody.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Paver deck is finished! There are some minor repairs to be done, some high pavers and a low spot to be filled. Some other small issues that will be dealt with on Tuesday. By the end of next week the pool should have pebble sheen applied, be enclosed and filled. By the following monday the yard will be graded out, fenced and landscaping will begin. More photos on that as it occurs.

131-3145_IMG.jpg

131-3147_IMG.jpg

131-3143_IMG.jpg

In this photo the black protective tape was removed from the tan deco drain and you can hardly see it against the pavers.

131-3146_IMG.jpg

That deck looks great!

Can't wait til you top it off! 8) I'm bettin you can't wait either!!! :lol:

TY guys. It is finally done!! I will have some more pics tom. as we are filling it up as we speak. The paver guy still has to come out and do repairs. I am a little peeved with him since he was dodging me all week. I told PB not to pay him until he comes out! Pool start up is supposed to happen tomorrow. More pics on Monday. Enjoy the weekend.
:wave:
Enclosure
131-3170_IMG.jpg

131-3168_IMG.jpg

White Pearl Pebble Sheen
131-3174_IMG.jpg

131-3171_IMG.jpg

131-3172_IMG.jpg

131-3176_IMG.jpg

Safety Fence
132-3216_IMG.jpg

132-3217_IMG.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.