Need Quikchlor / Clevachlor cell - PROBLEM SOLVED

Copperhead

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 29, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Hi
Love my Quikchlor system. 2004. My builder no longer supports it with parts. Had a wire corrode off, replaced the banana plug. Been OK until recently, small leak at connection, now getting the clean cell / low salt error.
I've heard of aftermarket replacement cells, please direct me to a good source or anyone who is importing OEM from Australia.
Thanks!!

Re: Need Quikchlor / Clevachlor cell

Yup, they're local for me but OMG $$$$$
Contacted Hayward, who bought a majority ownership in Clevaquip one year ago, but they're lying through their teeth, say they have no knowledge of this "Clevaquip" company that I speak of.... :lol:
I contacted the Melbourne headquarters of Clevaquip, waiting for reply.

Checked out some new systems, too bad really because the Quikchlor has worked fine for 8 years... anyways AutoPilot (not the Nano) looks pretty good at $1070 for the controller and cell.

Anybody have a better source for AutoPilot?

Thanks!

Re: Need Quikchlor / Clevachlor cell

Well, ran into lies and dead ends at Shasta, Hayward and Clevaquip. Seems like there is a concerted effort to twist your arm into buying their NEW system.
As a sidebar I also ran into a warranty service extortion scheme that Shasta is brazenly pushing, but that's for a different thread!
The lone aftermarket cell seller (saltcells.com) does not return my phone calls or emails. They are local for me, I ran the address down and it's a home in Mesa. I highly suspect that this is an internet company that is a middleman who takes orders and drop ships from his suppliers. I have a hard time handing them $700.00 online given the non-existent customer service and apparent lack of real inventory or capital value of a "brick and mortar" business.

So I called Josh and he's been a great help, I bought a AutoPilot system, waiting for the tracking number. Looks like I'll be plumbing and electrician-ing on the Holiday!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.