CircuPool RJ30

Jun 25, 2012
I am in the market for a new saltwater generator and am looking for input from other saltwater system owners. I currently have a Polaris AutoClear for which the cell has reach its end of life (I think). So, I have to decide if I want to replace the cell for a discontinued system or replace the entire system. My fear is that if I replace the cell that something else might go out and I'll have to replace the system anyway after purchasing the cell or that the cell might not even be the problem (all indications are that it is the problem). Does anyone have any feedback they can offer on the CircuPool RJ series systems or comparable systems? Also my pool is an 18x36 grecian 3.5-8.5 deep. I need to know where I can get the total water volume. I haave found sources that state it is from 23,000-33,000 gals. My guess is that it is somewhere between.

Thanks

bscardina said:
I am in the market for a new saltwater generator and am looking for input from other saltwater system owners. I currently have a Polaris AutoClear for which the cell has reach its end of life (I think). So, I have to decide if I want to replace the cell for a discontinued system or replace the entire system. My fear is that if I replace the cell that something else might go out and I'll have to replace the system anyway after purchasing the cell or that the cell might not even be the problem (all indications are that it is the problem). Does anyone have any feedback they can offer on the CircuPool RJ series systems or comparable systems? Also my pool is an 18x36 grecian 3.5-8.5 deep. I need to know where I can get the total water volume. I haave found sources that state it is from 23,000-33,000 gals. My guess is that it is somewhere between.

Thanks

Search for reviews/info on CompuPool as well......they are apparently just about the same product, the CircuPool has a couple more features (salinity reading, etc) but not necessarily enough to justify the cost difference.

I just put in an RJ45 for a 24,000 gallon pool. Everything that I've read (here and elsewhere) says to go larger so you're not having to increase how long to run your pump as the chlorine production is based on 24 hours or run time typically. I bought it from DiscountSaltPools and they did confirm what I'd read... that I'd just be on the cusp of having enough capacity with the RJ30 running 8 hours per day, so I went with the RJ45. I did the install myself and it was pretty painless. I think they (DSP) may be the US distributor for them--right now they have a special going where you buy the RJ30 and the'll upgrade to the RJ45 for free.

Anyway, I have not had enough time with it yet to give you an idea of how well it works at keeping a consistent FC level, but I'm sure it'll do just fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the RJ30 from Discount Salt Pool then realized that I might have made a mistake and under sized the unit. So I called and spoke with a rep and he confirmed that I needed a RJ45, but no worrys because DSP is running a free upgrades special. I purchased the RJ30 and they automatically upgraded me to the RJ45. Dumb luck I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.