New construction in Dallas TX

Oh yes, you're right, it just seems like the builder was throwing in ledges and all kinds of adjustments before with little overhead cost. Now that we are signed, the costs have sky rocketed..lol

I am leaving town, so I put hoses around and sketched the pool with water hose to kinda have my final say without being here..lol Here my kids are dreaming of the day, without trying to get a pic. I promised not to put in FB, but I didn't mention here..lol

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    482.6 KB · Views: 329
That is a really nice layout! Boy it seems deep! We are in the watering gunite stage ourselves.. it's fun watching everyone's pool go up. Good luck!!

Hey there - Fellow Dallas guy here... We're researching the pool thing.

Do you mind me asking :

- What PB did you go with?
- What PB's did you look at?
- How much did you pay?
- Did you switch to Salt or stay with Ozone/Minerals?

Thanks in Advance!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
imrodee - I know that gunite watering is in my future..lol!!

257WbyMag - I know right! My daughter is the photographer in the fam and she did a great job of noticing that. She called me and was like "Mom, he looks like an ant in the picture!" Since my son is 6ft, that never happens..haha

pktman - I sent you an email with the answers to your questions. Good luck!

Karmann - thank you, I am following your thread as well! Your thread caught my attention because I graduated from Cedar Hill. I noticed the post on the Wall Whale, I didn't get one yet, but that's the 3rd or 4th time I have seen that exact brush. I will probably go ahead and order mine :)

Rebar and plumbing done. It's ready for inspection..

Attachments

• pool0728_8a.jpg
    pool0728_8a.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 196
  • pool0728_7a.jpg
    pool0728_7a.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 196
  • pool0728_6a.jpg
    pool0728_6a.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 195
Couple of question I have:

1) Main drains go back up the sides? I can see that fraught with clogs, but I am not very educated on this..Any comments or suggestions on this?

2) Obviously the pipes from the sprinklers need to be fixed, but shouldn't this be addressed before Gunite?

3) Any other things I should address before we Gunite? Any suggestions would be awesome.

I just looked at my pics.. seems my drain pipe runs up the wall too. I'm with you on the sprinkler... might be easier to fix at this point. Perhaps they just cap it off..? When are they going to do the gunite?

Were you planning to put an autofill feature on your pool?

I like the shape of your spa. Have you picked out your tile?

imrodee said:
I just looked at my pics.. seems my drain pipe runs up the wall too. I'm with you on the sprinkler... might be easier to fix at this point. Perhaps they just cap it off..? When are they going to do the gunite?

Were you planning to put an autofill feature on your pool?

I like the shape of your spa. Have you picked out your tile?

The pool builder is gonna take a look. They said that might be feasible..maybe that's why. Good thought!

The spa is a little small I think, but we will also have a large fire pit to use in the winter, so it will be enough for us :) I need to ask the PB about the tile. To be honest, we picked one I was happy with, but it's been over a month and I don't remember...hahaha

Our pool builder had us look at Noble Tile http://www.nobletile.com/index.html They have a store in Dallas where you can go see them in person actually. Your PB probably has a favorite store he buys from.

I've been checking out pool rafts.. HAHA! Thinking positive here! I ordered my testkit w/salt strips and my king-fin brush. Midlothian said it doesn't come with a pole, so I found a sturdy pole on Amazon (people here recommended..) it's kind of expensive - but if it lasts, I won't mind.

Did you see the awesome pool someone is building in Baytown? It has a lazy river, and an island. That should be fun to watch getting built too. (Don't show your kids..) LOL!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.