Crystal clear water turned cloudy when pump kicked on

Aug 22, 2011
Frisco, TX
Water was crystal clear last night. Added some acid to get ph down then an hour later added 120oz of bleach, then about an hour later went swimming.

This morning water was perfect. Timer kicks on today at noon and I was outside. The water was very cloudy coming out all of the returns and the spa overflow, the spa you could not even see the bottom.

After about 2-3 minutes it went back to clear. But the damage was done, now I have a cloudy pool. Any ideas what would cause cloudy water at pump start up?

FC 6.0
CC 0.0
Ph 7.5
Ta 90
Ch 250
Cya 40

Water temp is 90

It took most of the day running the pump for the pool to clear. Fired up the pump this morning and same issue, but I isolated to just the spa. It cleared in about an hour.

Seems with the pool light on there are millions of tiny particles.

I did notice my pressure relief valve is leaking on the filter. No air in basket. Still trying to determine the issue. Maybe the cartridges are bad? I added some of Ultra Bright Water Clarifier from Leslies to see if it clears up some more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.