Pool Pilot technical questions

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Got my pilot digital up and running, had a couple questions (mostly out of curiosity):

1. Ive seen references to expected cell voltage and amperage levels. I know the amperage is based on chosen power level, but is there a chart/listing stating what expected voltage should be? For instance, my brand new system is running at 25V, 5A. I know Sean has mentioned a couple times expected cell voltage is 24 to 28, I was curious if there is a full chart that shows expected voltage and amperage based on salt level, water temp, etc.

2. Can you use the cell voltage and amperage as a way to more accurately determine the salt level? Since the volts and amps seem to adjust based on how much salt is in the water, is there a way to calculate it accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Cell Power 1 = 5.0 amps
Cell Power 2 = 6.5 amps
Cell Power 3 = 8.0 amps

The voltage varies depending on salt level, temperature, etc. If the voltage goes above 27 volts something is wrong (low salt, cell failing, cell scaled, etc).

The unit calculates the salt level for you. It depends on just on amps/volts but also on temperature.

When I first started the unit it was at 27V, 5A. Sean mentioned it seemed high (RC42 cell)

It eventually went down to where its at now, 25V, 5A.

Should I play slave to those numbers? And add salt to get it down to 24V?

My strips were showing ~3200, the unit is showing 3200. Sean recommended 3500.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.