New AG Pool Owner - First timer - Some questions

Sorry, I thought I had read 40. Actually, most people have good results at 50 ppm cya, just remember easy add, drain/refill to remove.

At 30 ppm cya, normal FC from 2-6 (from poolcalculator.com), so shoot for 6 at night.

Yes, but the little higher cya level then protects your chlorine from the sun a little better and net chlorine usage should go down a little.

Use poolcalculator.com and play with the cya input to see how the normal FC range slides up with cya going up, etc.

Another update, my wife is going to kill me...

Snagged the 1600 Intex sand filter/pump for 137.99 w/free shipping - > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DC ... -1&seller=

If you look on the right side of the page, there is a 3rd party (but still shipped by amazon) selling it for 137.99 with the free shipping. Seemed like to good of a deal to pass up after reading about how these sand pumps are so much better.

That's a good deal :goodjob: ...almost as good as last years legendary walmart deal that was effectively the 1600 and the intex swg for something like 169 total.

If you had a chance to get some run time with your stock filter, you will find that sand filter is much better!

Hi All,

Well setup went awesome... I had to move the pool from where I really wanted it because of a slight slope, oh well. The spot its in now is closer to the patio and on level ground, the setup and fill went perfect.

First water test was done last night (Just TC) which was 13.5. This mornings test was TC: 13, PH: 7.2, TA: 20, CH:20. I added some borax to bring the PH up a little and will test later on today again.

Pics:

7425728216_bd7e86a9dd_c.jpg

7425728334_135c6c0032_c.jpg

So, so far so good... I do have a question, what is that gray thing that came with the pool? Its shaped like a sail and made of PVC and vinyl?
The ladder that came with this thing isnt the sturdiest... Any alternatives out there? I'd prefer to get something better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I glad you mentioned your TA, yes your value of 20 ppm is very low. Are you sure that is correct? Each drop is 10 ppm (i.e. multiply drops by 10)?

From pool calculator for you 3700 gallon pool and ph of 7.2, to raise you TA from 20 to 70, add 35 ounces by volume of baking soda.

Let the pool mix for 1/2 hour and recheck ph and TA and adjust accordingly.

linen said:
I glad you mentioned your TA, yes your value of 20 ppm is very low. Are you sure that is correct? Each drop is 10 ppm (i.e. multiply drops by 10)?

From pool calculator for you 3700 gallon pool and ph of 7.2, to raise you TA from 20 to 70, add 35 ounces by volume of baking soda.

Let the pool mix for 1/2 hour and recheck ph and TA and adjust accordingly.

I'm going to retest everything in the morning to be sure, but yes it was two drops.

BTW I got to jump in the pool today for an hour, wow, so refreshing (little cold).

Tested tonight.

TC:5
CC:0
PH: 7.2
TA: 50

Added some baking soda and borax tonight, will test again tomorrow.

Any suggestions what to do to hold the tube up, the weight is bending the liner down a little, the stress is prob not good for long term use. - Pic below:

7436429218_7143cd0450_z.jpg

It's been a long time since I had an EasySet Pool but you could try adding a longer hose (to relive the side pressure) or add a 90 degree fitting.

As for the ladder, I see good ladders on Craigslist. I have an Integrity brand ladder and it is excellent. Confer seems to another good brand. I wouldn't worry if the ladder is a little "too tall" for your Easy Set. Just think of it as the first part of your next pool, a full height above ground. I started my pool adventure with a six foot Easy, progressed up to a 15 foot and graduated to a 21 foot steel wall with decks and other toys.

Have fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.