Do something or just wait

I haven't used any non chlorine shock that I am aware of, and if I did it was so little as I haven't shocked since I opened the pool. Could the bleach that I have contain potassium monopersulfate? The only other chemical I've used is an algaeside which I'll get name of and check ingredients when I get home. Not knowing much I can only think the bleach I used has something to do with the high cc? If that is the case didn't I also read that potassium monopersulfate causes a false reading in cc? I'm just looking To see what it could be logically. You guys are far more knowledgeable than me.

Ok here it is. Pool "looks" perfect. Cyrstal clear water and not a stain on any wall, "kudos to proteams metal magic"! Now for the not so great stuff. I did a CYA test took my time and followed directions to a T, At a 40 reading I really cant see the dot unless I try and angle the tube, from 28-35 I cant see it no way no how. I tested my PH and it read 6.8 so I'm going to throw in 209 oz of Borax "the 20 Mule Team" as per the pool calculator. My FC seems weird, I tested it at 1. and 1.5 depending if I let all or most of all of the powder "mix". WHen I just put 1 drop of the 871 in, it stayed a little pink and took at least 1 extra drop of the 871. The CC took 15 drops (7.5) to get totally clear. And finally my TA is a solid 110. Ive only added 18 oz of Pool life algaeaside other than the Bleach, Borox, and AA. Again I have used Trichlor regularly during the day and just a few bags of Dichlor when first opened and I'm sure it was regular with chlorine. Other than the BOrax, any ideas on how the cc was 4 a week ago, seemed to spike last night and reads 7.5 presently. After I add the Borax I was thinking of not using bleach for 1 more day just to see if the cc comes down. WHat do youthink? How could I get a 1 or 1.5 FC reading if its showing so much cc. I know theres alot of questions in there.

Bobswe said:
Ok here it is. Pool "looks" perfect. Cyrstal clear water and not a stain on any wall, "kudos to proteams metal magic"!

Now for the not so great stuff. I did a CYA test took my time and followed directions to a T, At a 40 reading I really cant see the dot unless I try and angle the tube, from 28-35 I cant see it no way no how.

I tested my PH and it read 6.8 so I'm going to throw in 209 oz of Borax "the 20 Mule Team" as per the pool calculator.

My FC seems weird, I tested it at 1. and 1.5 depending if I let all or most of all of the powder "mix". WHen I just put 1 drop of the 871 in, it stayed a little pink and took at least 1 extra drop of the 871. The CC took 15 drops (7.5) to get totally clear.

And finally my TA is a solid 110. Ive only added 18 oz of Pool life algaeaside other than the Bleach, Borox, and AA.

Again I have used Trichlor regularly during the day and just a few bags of Dichlor when first opened and I'm sure it was regular with chlorine. Other than the BOrax, any ideas on how the cc was 4 a week ago, seemed to spike last night and reads 7.5 presently.

After I add the Borax I was thinking of not using bleach for 1 more day just to see if the cc comes down. WHat do youthink? How could I get a 1 or 1.5 FC reading if its showing so much cc. I know theres alot of questions in there.
It's good that you raised your pH. :goodjob:

Now, if it was my pool, I'd add clorox/bleach/liquid chlorine and raise the FC at least to 4ish. And, I'd keep adding continuously until FC would hold at 3 or 4 ppm FC. It really does not matter why the CC is high because the need to destroy it is there and bleach/liquid chlorine is what will take care of it. JMHO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm going to start raising the fc with liquid chlorine tonight. How much should I have on hand do u think so I should not run out in the middle? My most recent chlorine levels are fc 0 and cc 3.5 (7 drops of 871). The cc has actually come down from when I put the clorox in 2 days ago. Do u think the bleach I put in skewed the cc tests I was doing that night? I put in 10 oz of proteams metal magic at 6:00am today. Water still clear and not stained but am worried about algae sneaking in. I'll start putting on liquid chlorine at dusk hopefully but want enough on hand.

Will CH be an issue by adding the liquid chlorine. I don't want to substitute one problem for another? Also is the liquid chlorine figured out at the bottom of the pool calculator to figure out how much to add? Is it considered the Cal-hypo?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.