Hayward Summit 2.5T showing DPC

Jun 14, 2012
Hi guys,

looking for some advice here,

My pool startd flashing the DPC code this afternoon.

I looked it up and it means : Suction temperature probe is short circuited or may be defective

So I try to troubleshoot it but I can't find any info about it besides link to the owner's manual.

Also, I don't have any idea which part has to be changed if it's defective.

I thought it would be the suction temperature probe but there is no part with that name when I look it up on the hayward parts website.

I'm trying to find how much it costs, how to change it and if I need a professionnal to come and have a look at it.

If you guys can help me in any way I'd really appreciate it. Also, if someone could specify a part number or a part name that would fit this code, It would help me a lot.

Here are the details: 21' above-ground pool
salt water treatment (aquacell)
Hayward summit water heater 2.5T

Thanks!

Ok...

by searching more I stumbled on this : SMX306000024 Water Temperature Probe for Summit 2.5T

By looking around, I found it to be priced between 20$ and 30$.

How complicated is it to install a new one? Anyone tried it before?

It is an easy replacement if you have good access to the old sensor. Before buying a new one, it is worth locating the old one and checking that the wire is still connected. Sometimes the wire simply gets disconnected, which is an even easier fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.