I have been battling an algae problem for the past three weeks.
I do not know anything about pools except how to swim in them
Anyway, I have been going along with everything the pool store tells me to do. We have added alkalinity, stabilizer, muratic acid, some type of metal something another. Our pool turns green right after we shock it. The next day it is back to clear. They tested for all the metals and can't figure it out.
The state of affairs right now is that our pool is not green but is very cloudy. Last Friday I added 'Drop Down' to get the dead algae to the bottom of the pool. I could see some stuff at the bottom of the pool but the pool is so cloudy that I can't vaccum it all up (in the deep end). The pool store told me to try the 'Drop Down' again. Maybe I'm not adding it correctly. Here is what I did:
1. Turned the filter to recirculate
2. Poured the bottle (24 ounces (8 ozs. per 10,000 gallons))around the perimeter of the pool (should I have diluted it in a bucket of water first?)
3. Let the pump run for 1 1/2 hours
4. Turned the pool off overnight.
5. Next day began to vaccum to waste
As I said - I can vaccum the shallow end just find. I can see a brown spot in the deep end but I can't vaccum it completely b/c I can't see the bottom.