Keeping DE from flowing back into pool

Lido

Jun 13, 2012
When I clean my salt cell, the water flows backward from the filter into the pool, dumping de and other stuff through the skimmer and into the pool. The filter is a PacFab FNS Plus 48 and has a backwash valve that you twist and pull up to put into backwash mode.

You might have a valve that blocks the water flow somewhere around the pump. If so, closing the valve before opening up the SWG cell would solve the problem. If you don't have a valve like that your only choice might be to backwash the DE filter before opening up the SWG cell.

Aside from the backwash valve on the filter, the only valves I can see are the jandy ones that control whether water pulls from and goes to the pool or spa. If I just open the backwash valve, but never turn on the pump, just open the cell to clean it, will I still need to add DE? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.