Solar Cover Question

Jun 10, 2012
Newbie here! :wave:

We just installed our new Intex 18' x 48" pool two days ago. We used the hose to fill it so it is still freezing cold but I'm concerned about the average temp the water will be at because we have a very wooded lot and the pool does get sunlight but it is filtered sunlight. Will a solar cover work with filtered light? Do you have a certain color you recommend? Any place online that has quick shipping and good service/prices?

I am in Central PA. I guess at this point a solar cover won't hurt even if we have to heat it by an alternate method we will still need a cover. I should say that we do have areas outside the pool that get direct sun.

Thanks for your help!

A solar cover will certainly help. Most of the heat loss is due to evaporation and any kind of cover will stop nearly all of the evaporation.

Just about any cover will be fine. I've found the the expensive ones don't last any longer in practice, so I just get a cheap cover and get one or two seasons out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.