Running pump - take cover off?

leadfootmitchell said:
Do we have to take the cover off when we run the pump? (If this question doesn't show my newness to pool ownership I don't know what would!)

what cover are you talking about? If it is to the strainer basket, you absolutely should not take the cover off when the pump is on. Can you take a picture with what you are talking about?

leadfootmitchell said:
Do we have to take the cover off when we run the pump? (If this question doesn't show my newness to pool ownership I don't know what would!)

Someone just posted a question about not getting any prime in their pump. It is possible you might need to take the cover off and fill it with water, put the cover back on and start the pump to prime the pump. However it is also possible the pump will prime by itself if you just turn it on.

(it should)

No you do not need to take the pool cover off to run the pump. It is a good idea when you swim though. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.