Spa side switch -- do we want to do this ourselves?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
Some time back we found the spa side switch was not working correctly. One button was not working at all. Then things began behaving strangely (things on or off when they should not have been -- maybe that's what damaged the cleaner booster pump?) and we determined that by reprogramming the Aqualink to ignore the spa side switch, things were OK again.

So, now we need to decide do we fix this or hire it out? I see the replacement part on line. How hard is this to do? Apparently we need to find the end connection at the equipment pad, tie a line to the wire and begin pulling the line through to the spa location as we pull out the old switch unit. (Why is there not a wire connection at the switch to leave the wire in place?)

Any tricks that we need to be aware of before we order parts?

anonapersona said:
Any tricks that we need to be aware of before we order parts?
Yes, use the existing wire in the conduit as your line to pull the new wire through. Just cut the wire as close to the button as you can, and attach the new wire, and pull.

Wire will be connected to a buss on the main board. I believe the buss is colored brown or black. There will be a 4 conductor red buss right next to it.

Take the last 3" inches of wire and fold it back to make a loop then tape it w electrical tape. Do the same with the new wire but run it through the old wire first then tape it. Then tape all of it. I made the mistake of not doing this then had to run string w a bag on the end then use a shop vac to get the pull string back to the other end. Also have someone push while you are pulling from the other end. Its pretty easy and should just take 20minutes or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.