Having issues with filter and chemistry

I put a lot of water into the pump and did prime for about 30 sec to 1 mimute. I then went over and looked at one of the skimmer baskets. The water was rushing out of the filter whole and finally all of the water exited the basket. At that point the system seemed to loose pressure so I shut off the pump.

I guess this means that I need more water?

Since the well water coming through the hose is very slow, I think that I will call a water comapany to come tomorrow and fill the pool. Two questions:

1. Would it be safe to have them actually overfill the pool ( so that the water is at the top of the entrance to the skimmer? This pool is in direct sunlight so there is a big problem with evaporation. Over filling it would allow me more time between having to top off the pool.

2. The filter I guess will not be able to run tonight. Since it did not run last night, based on the chemistries that I gave at the top of this thread, is there an amount of chlorine to put to stop it from turning green?

You can add chlorine without a pump, but it is a lot more work, and not always worth it. To do so, pour the chlorine slowly around the edge of the pool and then brush the entire pool to mix in the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.