Automatic chlorinator

Jun 24, 2011
Montgomery, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have read that automatic chlorinators can be used when people are going away on vacation, but I do not understand how to use it. I am not sure how to find out how many pucks to put in or what dumber to turn the dial to. I've looked at the manual on the internet, but it didn't help. Soooo .... how does this work?

Trial-and-error. Sorry. But there are too many variables - how big is the pool, how many hours does the pump run, and how much organic stuff lands in your pool.

You also need to be careful that you don't overdo the CYA level.

The thing to do is set it to the middle number and check it in a day. If it is going low, raise it. Or increase the filter time. Repeat until you've found the right spot.

You also want to be aware how much chlorine each tablet will add to your pool. That way you will know that, for example, you expect to fully use up 7 tablets in a week if your pool uses 2 ppm a day and each tablet adds 2 ppm. See the Pool Calculator, Effects of Adding Chemicals, at the bottom. Weigh a tablet to see how much trichlor each has.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.