Need a little advice guys - pictures added

So it's been 6 days now since I have been gone and the Wife has been keeping the FC levels at the correct levels. sorry I do not have test results. the filter has been running non stop, backwashing everyday if appropriate, and brushing daily and the pool doesn't look any better. is this normal? should we continue? need some help guys? I thought you are susposed to see improvement every day or so. thoughts?

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 64
Do you have any test results for us? If the pool has been at or above shock level for 6 days, by all means you should have seen a change. My guess is that it hasn't been at shock level but without test results there's no way of knowing.

The deal is... this ALWAYS works when it's done correctly. That means hourly testing and re-dosing until the chlorine loss per hour reduces, then you do it every couple of hours... and so on. It has to remain at or above shock level near constantly, as when it falls below shock level the algae gains the upper hand. One step forward, two steps back...

It does take dedication and a bit of OCD'ness. With others doing the work, it's not always understood the true importance of the shock level maintenance and testing (nor is it easy to keep up with, it's a crazy amount of bleach at first!). Schedules and family also factor in so don't be too hard on them :~}

It would be really good if your wife or dad could come here with test results so we can help guide them while you're away. It's not uncommon to make some mistakes when you begin with BBB, and especially shocking a swampy pool. That's what we're here to help people with and if they want to post test results every hour, we'll be here to help interpret them.

would a bad filter or bad sand hinder or even stop the process? it seems like they are backwashing every 2-3 days. in the first few days it was every 4-6 hours, now every 2-3 days seems excessive. is that why we haven't noticed a change? the sand hasn't been changed in 7 years.

Even without the filter, constant shock levels will change the color of the pool. If the filter is passing particles for any reason, the algae will be killed but will remain in suspension. Dead algae is white/grey and shows as cloudiness. But the water will be blue cloudy, not green.

Did anyone write test results down from the past week? Got any from today?

Is the pool green or cloudy blue?

Actually the sand is not 7 years old ... it is millions of years old and does not get "worn out" ;)

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

while waiting for the test kit to arrive i decided to add some floc i got cheap at walmart. it worked quite well, took 2 days. figured why not try since i am waiting for my k2006. to my surprise i could see the bottom of the shallow end finally. I vacuumed most of it, well as much as i could see. and i started with shocking again. the colour looks so much better now. a cool blue, but still cloudy. i also attached the kreepy krawley tonight and am going to let it run overnight on filter as i figure the floc might still make stuff settle even though the jets are pointing down. should I point them up for overnight to make more stuff settle to the bottom? anyways starting to see progress and can't wait to do it the proper way as soon as my test kit arrives. it was shipped today. should be here in no time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.