Pool cabana finally complete...

Very nice! Did you have to do anything special to put the bathroom out there? What about winterizing the water supplies and drain line? Need pump or have slope to sewer line?

jtech1 said:
Very nice! Did you have to do anything special to put the bathroom out there? What about winterizing the water supplies and drain line? Need pump or have slope to sewer line?

Nothing special needed for our bathroom. The sewer line from the house runs right under it, so we had them put the drains in place at the same time. They've been capped off for a year until we finished it. For winterizing, I installed a blow-out valve inside my house right beside the shutoff valve. So, when winter comes around, I can shut off the water, hook up an air compressor, and blow all the water out of the lines in the cabana.

mrshanes said:
ssgumby said:
Did you buy plans for this or did you have them drawn up?

Didn't buy any plans. We just sketched it out and the framers roughed it. It's really just a 18'x22' box. Then my wife and I planned and completed the interior.

Thanks, the roof trusses is what I was wondering about, the walls seem straight forward but the roof trusses seem like they could get complicated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ssgumby said:
mrshanes said:
ssgumby said:
Did you buy plans for this or did you have them drawn up?

Didn't buy any plans. We just sketched it out and the framers roughed it. It's really just a 18'x22' box. Then my wife and I planned and completed the interior.

Thanks, the roof trusses is what I was wondering about, the walls seem straight forward but the roof trusses seem like they could get complicated.

Very simple: 10/12 pitch on front and back, 12/12 pitch on the sides (so it didn't end up like a pyramid), 2 foot over hang on sides and back, 4 foot over hang on front.

Thanks for posting this when you did! I hope you're still a TFP user --- anything you'd change about the cabana now? Did you add that fireplace/patio? Would love to hear your thoughts 6 years later!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.