Need a little advice

You may want to bump this up closer to 50 ppm, to reduce chlorine loss to the sun. Of course if you do that, adjust your FC range up to correspond to the new cya level...and be vigilant about not letting FC drop below the minimum.

wkener2 said:
Update: I have been at normal FC levels now for almost a week and water is crystal clear, about as clear as I have ever seen it! No sign of algae, even though I expect to come home any day and see it, this is the longest i have gone after shocking before it comes back....

So what did you do after the last outbreak that was different?

That's the thing, really nothing... Maybe the mustard shock cycle worked and the small bloom I had was just from being on vacation and not keeping the FC above miminum, because its still crystal clear today and I'm going on two weeks :)

Hopefully this is behind you...knock on wood. As you have been, vigilenly keep your FC above the minimum at all times.

I reread your thread just to see if I could find a clue about why this took so long and had a question...when chem geek suggested staying at MA levels longer and getting all pool equipment/toys cleaned on July 18th, what did you do? There was quite a gap in your story there after his post.

Linen,

I went on vacation :) I did the Mustard Shock for the full 24 hours including soaking all the toys, etc. just before the vacation. Pool is still clear now after nearly a month so I guess I am out of the woods! Many thanks to all that have helped me during this process...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.