Above Ground Pool Project Thread

Need some help.

Here is the hookup. The line from the pool comes into the strainer on the pump, bottom left. The it goes to the filter, then returns back to the pool, the middle line. The line on the right is the waste line. I backflushed/primed as per the pump and filter instructions. With this pump the water goes through at a really good clip, but then every 30 seconds or so stuff starts to bubble at the strainer and I see a lot of air in the return to the pool. I backflushed again as per the instructions till the water out the waste line was steady but it still does this. Is this normal, or is there still air in the system somewhere? The water level in the pump strainer basket is about 2/3 the way up, it doesn't completely cover the inlet from the pool. Where should it be?

100_0390.JPG

I figured it out. The water level in the pool isn't quite high enough. Skimmer gets sucked partially dry at the pool, air gets in, cavitation, air gets out, rinse and repeat. I also have a busted pressure guage, a small leak to fix and the o-ring on the pump skimmer is suspect so I will replace that along with the pressure gauge.

No, that's the extra wire I cut off the bonding wire. You can see the bonding wire just above and to the left of the skimmer pot. It comes up out of the ground where the pipes do. The bonding screw is at the rear of the pump. I left about 3' exposed because eventually I will have some sheet metal or some other platform for stuff to sit on as weed control. If I use tin or the like I will bond that also.

Here is a picture of one of them. Each leg is bonded and and the pool wall down near the bottom where the screw head is buried by the sand that is the coping. The bonding is done with self-tapping screws and grounding lugs. The bonding wire runs all the way around the pool and I closed the loop with a burial rated ground wire clamp. One leg of the loop runs to the pump.

bonding.JPG

It's Alive!!!!

You are welcome.

Yesterday evening I added more water to the pool, replaced the o-ring at the pump strainer and replaced the pressure gauge. I started the pump up this morning and everything is running like a champ. I added the sequestrant and will start adding the salt later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.