Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First swim 4/5

1. Back To Top    #1

First swim 4/5

I helped the water get warmer by heating it and going from 70 to 78 degrees and decided to jump in. It was still a little chilly for my tastes but with the temps on the rise I'm sure that won't be a problem much longer. woo-hoo!!
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

2. Back To Top    #2

!!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First swim 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    I helped the water get warmer by heating it and going from 70 to 78 degrees and decided to jump in. It was still a little chilly for my tastes but with the temps on the rise I'm sure that won't be a problem much longer. woo-hoo!!
    This just isn't fair.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

The kids have been in my pool for about 2 weeks. With weather in the 80s, my cheapo solar panels put the pool at about 78 in the afternoon. I went in for the 1st time today, the pool was a little cool, but having the hot-tub this year makes me braver, knowing a quick warm-up is only a few steps away
    Chris W

My Pool: 14K gal IG, Pebblesheen, Pentair 420 Cart Filter, Autopilot Digital SWCG, Paramount PV3 In-floor cleaning. UltraPure Ozone
    My Spa: 2007 Down East Windsor SE, Spa-Pilot SWCG :)
    My Kit: PS-234 w/salt test, Refills from Taylor and TFkits

5. Back To Top    #5

My pool has yet to hit my threshold of 74 degrees. It hit 73 yesterday. My 7-year old daughter jumped in Saturday when it ws 71 degrees. She had fun but said it was a little too chilly yet. I live outside of Fort Worth so it should not be long.

6. Back To Top    #6

I walked on my pool this weekend,as it is still a big chunck of ice.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

7. Back To Top    #7

It was only around 65 where I live in LA yesterday, but I heated the pool up into the mid 70's, and the kids used it for the first time this year, but said it was cold.

I had the jacuzzi heated up too, so they just moved if they got too cold.

Next weekend, it is supposed to be a little warmer, and I will heat it up from Thurs or Friday, so it will be warmer. Pool is covered, which will help it warm up, and stay warm.

Randy
    20,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 266k BTU Lo Nox gas heater, Purex 2048 48 sq ft DE filter, 1.5hp pump. iWave wireless remote, Pulsafeeder chlorine pump, Safety cover on most of the time

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Teledyne heater

8. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    The kids have been in my pool for about 2 weeks. With weather in the 80s, my cheapo solar panels put the pool at about 78 in the afternoon. I went in for the 1st time today, the pool was a little cool, but having the hot-tub this year makes me braver, knowing a quick warm-up is only a few steps away
    My pool is still around 70 and a little chilly. I plan on waiting a few more weeks.

Iggy in the cool part of Arizona
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi all...
    long time reader, first time poster. i got wet yesterday (4-6). the water was 64, but i could not wait any longer. it was cold, but i was all smiles (i think the smile is frozen in place). this is our first year with a pool (finished 2 weeks ago), and i want to say thanks to all the regulars for their post... i haven't had to ask any questions yes (knock on wood).
    Scott From Florida

10. Back To Top    #10
    I took a peak under our cover yesterday. Only a bit of ice left, but the water looked blue! The temperature only has to rise another 40 degrees and we'll be swimming!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>>>>
    11070 gal Gunnite, Tahoe blue pebbletec, free form
    Pentair 420, PCC 2000 in floor cleaner, waterfall
    2 - 1 HP whisper flow pumps (floor cleaner & main)
    1 - 1 HP Pentair Waterfall pump

11. Back To Top    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by danwis
    I took a peak under our cover yesterday. Only a bit of ice left, but the water looked blue! The temperature only has to rise another 40 degrees and we'll be swimming!
    don't be a wuss - jump in! Easy for me to say from Houston.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

12. Back To Top    #12
    The weather here in GA is still to dumb to make up its mind if it wants to be winter or spring It really will be about another month before its swim time.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

13. Back To Top    #13

The Kids & I jumped in for the very first time (Brand New Pool) on April 3rd. With Solar Heating, Water Temp was 84 degrees and by Saturday had it up to 88. Rain and cooler night time temps have brought it back to the low 80's. But every sunny day the temp goes back up with the help of the Solars.

Life is good.... Great to be in Central Florida this time of year..... Used to live in the North East and understand the weather conditions there..... Spring and summer are just around the corner..... Hang in there.....

Bill