Newbie: AGP Install on Steep Slope (MN)

Your yard looks great and is about 1000 times better than mine.Its not my business but I still think you are making a big mistake with the Intex pool. You could buy a quality AGP that size for about $1500. Building the deck around the pool is committing to that pool.

Wow, that is amazing! Can I ask or have you msg me who you hired to install the pool? I'm very surprised that the pool companies I have called and talked to are so slow to get back to me to get this process going. I am also in MN and have a slope, although not nearly as severe as yours. Did the same contractor do your decking? I'd love to get it installed this fall so that in the spring we can start it right up and enjoy it. Thanks for any info and enjoy the rest of the summer!

If your putting a pool on a slope; hire an engineer first, then hire a landscape company to install the retaining walls, hire the pool company last. I can provide recommendation for the first two. Not sure on the pool company. Someone above doesn't like the idea of an Intex. While their concern may be valid for them, do what's right for you.

Gustopher said:
Wow, that is amazing! Can I ask or have you msg me who you hired to install the pool? I'm very surprised that the pool companies I have called and talked to are so slow to get back to me to get this process going. I am also in MN and have a slope, although not nearly as severe as yours. Did the same contractor do your decking? I'd love to get it installed this fall so that in the spring we can start it right up and enjoy it. Thanks for any info and enjoy the rest of the summer!

Wrapping up the project and taking some final pictures of everything completed. I have included a photo slideshow of the project start to finish for anyone interested. Thanks TFP for making our experience smoother.

7898107986_7988656d82_d.jpg

7898107476_bff909d191_d.jpg

7898102742_b1ffe845db_d.jpg

7898103366_028e5c5ebb_d.jpg

7898106164_4e145a65f8_d.jpg

7898105486_92734c2078_d.jpg

Photo Slideshow (70 Photos): LINK

Awesome! Could you pass along the number or email to who installed it for you? I'm still looking for someone to do one in my yard and the pool companies haven't been much help thus far. I'm in MN too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, great set up. Did you do the work yourself?

If so, what type of retaining wall block did you use? Does it use pins? Did you put gravel behind the bricks with any type of drainage?

Looking to do something similar like this for my pool, but mine is dug into slooe and not really built up.

Also, what did you use under the pool: sand, gravel, just dirt? Dud you tamp the dirt down?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.