Hello All

elwood58

LifeTime Supporter
Great site. My wife and I live in Orange County CA, and have a second home in Sun City West AZ. The AZ house has a 96 foot perimeter play pool, built in 1983. It is in pretty good shape overall, with a recently replaced Sand Filter, Pop Up cleaning etc. Plaster is at the end of its life, so we will have it resurfaced with Mini Pebble starting next week. I am having them add an SWG while they are at it. We do have a Pool Service that comes twice a week, and my parents live just five blocks away, and stop by the house regularly. They also have a pool, so pretty savvy about what to look for during our absences. We plan to spend about half our time at each house starting this next year, so really looking foward to updating the pool a bit.

We have nine (9) grandchildren, so play pool is an understatement. BBQ Island is being installed on 5/22/12. Our lot is a quarter acre, with desert landscaping, surrounded by 6-8 foot walls. Lots of decking and drains, so external impacts on the pool are minimal, the exception being some heavy rain during the monsoon in late July through August.

Looking foward to reading and learning a lot here. I will try to add some pictures at some point.

Thanks to all the contributors.