Pool Pump Connection

Aug 4, 2011
I am reconnecting my Pump to the inflow from Pool(Drain and Skimmer)I am using a 1 1/2 PVC Union to connect.Is it better to install the Union all ready together or apart?Would seem better to just leave it together and glue both ends?Any ideas?Thank you...All I was thinking was fast disconnect in case Pump had to be fixed or switched.....

Welcome to TFP!

If you have room to move things around enough to be able to, installing it already together is more reliable and guarantees that everything will line up. Sometimes, especially when there isn't much room/flexibility, the only way to get things together is to take the union apart.

Thank you for the fast response.I was thinking samething LOL.Also was thinking of putting Jandy Valve on the connection on the incoming and return to the Pool...Would this work better and control better then just useing Ball Valve on each line?On the return to the Pool all I have is one return to the Pool and 2 small jets to Pool steps.So I could turn one or the other off if needed.Same with the Drain and Skimmer?Use one or the other or 50/50 to move and skim the water better.Your Thoughts?Thank you again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.