New Aqualogic SWG uses less salt,can old system be upgraded?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just saw a Hayward advertising showing their newer SWG require less salt now, I'm just wanted to know if older systems can be upgraded? I currently have a P4 and I believe my cell is a T-CELL-15, would be nice to use less salt if that is possible.

Re: New Aqualogic SWG uses less salt,can old system be upgra

Did you see which model they were advertising? From what I have seen their new unit requires the same salt level as their own unit. They do mention that it requires less salt than the closest equivalent unit, but they seemed to have picked a "closest equivalent" that requires a higher than normal salt level.

Interesting.

Why am I guessing that cells are the same (with some coding changes to allow operation at lower levels), but they are just going to market the the larger cells for smaller pools to account for the lower efficiency of running at the lower salt levels?

I see is says for a 26k pool ... my guess is it is the same as the T-15 40k cell.

I would be a bit concerned about operating at lower salt levels. Back when I put my system in there was a problem that my Pool Builder refered to the manufacturers rep. It was suggested to me, by a tech who works on the systems all the time, that running salt levels at or near the top of the recomended range would prolong the cell life. After more than six years of use here in Tucson, where pools are open year-round, my cell was starting to lose efficiency, so I replaced it. It would still produce chlorine, but I had to run higher salt levels and keep it at higher setting. Based on the life span of my cell, I will continue to keep my salt at or near the top of the recommended level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.