SWG Install (Circupool RJ45)

mwkelly

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 11, 2012
The manual states to install the controller 10' away from the edge of the pool. Why? I don't plan on installing up against the pool but my pump/filter system is only about 3' from the pool and would like to have the controller in that area.

I've read to install the cell at a level higher than the pump but as I'm installing with an AGP, should I insure the cell is higher than the pump but lower than the jet so the cell is always water full regardless of whether the pump is on or not?

One last question for this topic...I have a two speed pump and I do not have a timer. Will it be okay to run the pump on low, set the cell to the correct % and only run the pump full speed when I'm vacuuming?

Thanks!

Well let me see if I can address some of this.

mwkelly said:
The manual states to install the controller 10' away from the edge of the pool. Why? I don't plan on installing up against the pool but my pump/filter system is only about 3' from the pool and would like to have the controller in that area.
Guessing the NEC states it should be 10' away to avoid getting wet and being an electrocution hazard. AGP are odd to me in that the equipment is usually so close anyway. Where you decide to install it is up to you (unless you have inspectors coming).

mwkelly said:
I've read to install the cell at a level higher than the pump but as I'm installing with an AGP, should I insure the cell is higher than the pump but lower than the jet so the cell is always water full regardless of whether the pump is on or not?
Not sure ... guessing it does not matter. Also not sure why the cell is supposed to be above the pump ... other than it having to be on the ground to be below.

mwkelly said:
One last question for this topic...I have a two speed pump and I do not have a timer. Will it be okay to run the pump on low, set the cell to the correct % and only run the pump full speed when I'm vacuuming?
As long as low speed has adequate flow to close the flow sensor and allow generation to take place you are fine doing as you describe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.