Century Centurion motor questions

I would check the voltage with the motor running to see if you're getting a voltage drop under a load. If there's no mechanical problem causing excessive load I'll bet you find low voltage to be the problem. You mentioned that you have 12 ga. wire from the switch to the pump, what about back to the breaker? How far is the run from switch to breaker?

Yeah, I did that last night. Impeller runs smoothly and there are no obvious signs of wear on the diffuser. i assume they put in new seals when they changed the motor. it looks to be in good shape. I guess i will put it all together and let her go and see how long it last. I will use reverse psychology and have a motor sitting in resereve, that way the one I have will last forever.
thanks,
Mark

Mac,

I checked the voltage while motor was running and there is no voltage drop. As to the length of the run from the switch to the breaker box, I estimate about 25'. My pump is pretty close to my CB panel in the garage. I will put everything back together and check the voltage again just to make sure.

thanks,
Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.