Pool Surface Opinions - Pebbletec vs. Aquapearl

ajstri

Apr 21, 2012
I have one PB that is proposing Aquapearl Mini Pebble and another that is proposing PebbleTec. It seems that the Aquapearl is significantly cheaper, but they both have a lifetime warranty. Does anyone have experience with both of these surfaces to provide a comparison or the pros/cons of each? It also seems that PebblTec is the established brand, but is it worth an extra $3K to upgrade?

The thing about Pebbletec is that only plasterers that are certified by the manufacturer can buy it. Any chump with a trowel can buy the off brands. The products are probably identical in quality; you're just paying for some guarantee of good workmanship. That doesn't mean that the other company will do a bad job; they may be fantastic. If it were me, I'd ask each builder how much irregularity in the finish is acceptable to them and how problems are handled. That will probably tell you a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.