Getting rid of super fine silt

An update to this ongoing battle....I purchased another vacuum, the kind that attaches to the pump intake..and vacuum to waste (not connected to the pump but siphon out of the pool) and that works the best! That takes ALL the debris directly out of the pool. That larger hose and good siphoning suction works great!

I have tried using the The Slime Bag for my pool to try to remove the fine silt, it did not work for me, I hooked it up and vacuumed and I could see dirty water exiting out from the bag. If any one has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I really do not want to fill the pool and vacuum to waste that is just wasting money.

Slime bags are purported to filter to 1 micron. If you can see the stuff going through it, that must be some really fine stuff. I don't know of any filter media within reason that will filter less than a micron.

It is just that brown silt that sits at the bottom of the pool, I would think the Slime Bag would get that stuff, I don't know if I have so much of it, maybe the bag is getting to full so it is dispersing out of the bag.

If the bag is picking up anything of color, the bag will take on some of that color. I know mine does, and the only time Ive seen any loss through the bag is when I pull it out. I have very very fine silt that blows in, and the slime bag does wonders. This is my first summer with it, and I have been very pleased.

I purchased the slime bag on positive reviews such as yours and so far I have not been pleased I am sure the product works, but for me it has not as of yet, I am not going to pass judgement on it just yet I am not above that I maybe doing something wrong or missing something. I do see the loss when pull the bag out, but I also see it while I am vacuuming as well I see the brown murky water surrounding the bag as I vacuum, which means it is passing through the bag as the water filters out the bag, I do have a lot of silt on the bottom of the pool so I am not sure if I need to clean the bag with more regularity while I am vacuuming. It is taking on a different color during the process, but once again maybe I need to stop more often and clean the bag. I do have a lot of silt on the bottom of the pool. I just do not want to, unless I have to vacuum to waste to me that is waste of money.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will add a positive review for the slime bag. We live on a gravel road and have lots of dust in the air unless it's rained in the last day. I was not happy with the clarity of our pool and the silt on the bottom although it really wasn't too bad. When my girlfriend was in it she said it looks fine as well as my mother when she would come over. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone so when the bag showed up I carefully vacuumed the bottom without disturbing the silt other than what I was vacuuming at the time until I had most all of it up. Then I swam all around to get the water stirred up good and left the pump on all night. The next day they (myself included) couldn't believe how much cleaner and clearer the water looked. Now I just leave it on the 1500gph pump all the time which is the one I vacuum with anyways. I can't say why some people are not having good results but I'm quite happy with mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 156
Update, I tried vacuuming again this time I stopped vacuuming whenever I could see the water around the bag becoming "dirty" again and would clean the bag reattach and start again, needless to say I had to do this very often. The bag when I cleaned did not appear to be all that dirty on the inside or the outside. I am not sure now if it is not something else other than silt. The water is still murky looking and I am at my wits end. I have put in some polysheen to hopefully aid in the cloudy water issue, but I cannot seem to get rid of the silt if that what it is. I have read alot of positive reviews on The Slime Bag and once again that is why I gave it a try, but for some reason or another I am not having great results with it, which is usually the way it goes for me what works for others do not work for me, it is just my luck I guess.

crowpw.

Luck, good or bad, is not part of the process. The debris you are seeing may be dead algae - not dirt. If we are to help, you need to post a complete set of test results so we can evaluate the current condition of your chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.