Fine Concrete Particles Won't Go Away

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Is there a product that will take very very fine suspended particles and clump together for an inground pool? I used to use this for my large pond and worked like a champ:

http://www.pondcare.com/Products/Produc ... roductID=1

Maintains crystal-clear pond water. Quickly clears cloudy pond water. Helps filters function more efficiently. Works by causing tiny suspended cloud particles in pond water to clump together. The clusters quickly fall to the bottom.

I ask because at the end of my build, the PB was doing last section of concrete and putting on the brush finish. Took his cream loaded very wide brush and dipped in pool to clean off several times before I asked him to please stop. I have run my blue diamond robotic cleaner like 10x's and I just cannot get it all out. Even after sitting all winter, it still is there and appears to be attracted to the seams like a magnet. It must be suspended because about 24 hours after a cleaning, it reappears. Must be to fine for a sand filter? We have not yet swam in it as it was finished very late in the season due to rain delays. Pool is running, but still covered and this stuff is still present on liner in spots.

Looking for options. Something that makes it clump up? Make PB come with a portable DE/Cartridge filter and vacuum multiple times? Or ??

Thanks for your help!

Ted

If it settles to the bottom, a clarifier or flocculant aren't likely to help. Vacuum it up. Vacuum to waste if you have to. You could also try brushing daily to keep it stirred where the filter can catch it. My sand filter had no real problem clearing spilled concrete from my deck pour out of the pool in a few days.

Additionally, don't assume it is still concrete. A nascent algae bloom or tree pollen have convinced many a pool owner that they had a bad cleaner or filter. Step one when the pool isn't clean is to increase your pump run time and double check your chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.