few issues this is my first time install advice wanted

Jul 14, 2011
hey guys first time agp install 24 ft round metal walls

ok issue one wall..... when bolting the walls together we had to force the bottom together a bit, top was just fine but the bottom was off so we just forced the bolt threw and placed the nut on and bolted it down. now when we placed the upright on it we could notice the wall seem is off by .25 of a inch which means we are out of round at the bottom..... is this a big issue????

oh forgot to say the pool is used and the walls had a few bends in the from where we took the pool down a big gust of wend came and blew it over. was nothing major this is what we figured caused it to connect the wall seam...

ok issue #2 so far we have 16 inches of water and i have noticed a few of the uprights are out of plumb some inward and some out. most i can just shove them back in place. this is also making me think for sure the bottom is out of round. when checking for level we were only off by.25 inche high or low so it cant be that. one thing i think we did wrong was at about 4 inches of water we went ahead and bolted the uprights down and placed the rails on. so now with there being only 16 inches of water in the pool should we just go back and unbolt the tops allow the pool to finish filling and then go and bolt them back on. i have herd some pools say do it before filling and then so say after so would it be ok for us to do this? im thinking by doing this let the pool go ahead and fill would allow the walls to fill out the way they should then place bolt the uprights down...

oh yeah we had to dig down 8 inches on one side and then the other was about 16 inches. so what we also did was place about 6-8 inches of back fill in at 4 inches of water as well. should we have done it that soon or wait for the water to get a little deeper before we placed back fill around the pool?

any advice on the above thoughts would be great thanks guys.

The more time you spend now getting everything perfect, the fewer problems you will have in the future. From your description, you have things more or less good enough to leave them alone, but there are some advantages to going back and getting the uprights more stable (which probably requires draining).

You want the rails on well before the pool is completely full. Waiting to do the rails until it is partially full is alright, and often makes things easier, but don't put it off until the very end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.