Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: distance from pool to house?

1. Back To Top    #1

distance from pool to house?

im getting ready to install an 18" agp and i want to know what is the minimum distance from the house i can install it. my back yard is not very big and the closest i can install is the edge of the pool being about 7 feet away from the house. is that good enough or do i need to go further?? i wouldnt mind further out so i can get maxium sun but dealing with a steep slope is already bad enough. with the pool being about 7' from the house, ill get about 7 hours of sunlight before the house starts blocking it. the pool will be mostly facing east and a little to the south, with the house on the west side.
    18' 52" deep laguna agp with pentair 1 1/2 hp pump and 22" filter, intex swg

2. Back To Top    #2
    The town usually has set back requirements and other things fencing, electrical etc.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

That's right, check with your town. In mine it's only 3 feet.
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

4. Back To Top    #4

In our town the rule is you need to be as far away from the house as the depth of the pool. So, if your pool is going to be 6 ft deep you need to be at least 6 feet away from the house.

5. Back To Top    #5
    ok i think i can find a way to put it about 16 ft away from the house. ill have to put up my deck first and see where i can work the pool into it. the end of the deck will be about 16' away from the house. i just want a general rule of how far away from the house it should be. if not, it will be at least 6-8 ft away. it is an 18' wide 52" deep pool.
    18' 52" deep laguna agp with pentair 1 1/2 hp pump and 22" filter, intex swg