New Build in Central Texas

Vonrussell said:
We decided not to go with the SWG, I guess time will tell if we are happy with that decision.

Yes we are in Austin. We were also victims of the rain. That cost us about two weeks worth of excavation time, but the end is near.

saltwater is great since you have concrete decking. Most of the problems have been caused by using natural stone with the concrete pools. One neighbor had to replace their oklahoma flag, the other had concrete and was fine (till the cell burned out and they decided not to replace it).

The Flagstone deck is done. Hopefully, if the weather holds, we will have our SunDeck by middle of the week and plaster on Friday. That with some electrical and plumbing issues and we will be swimming in no time.

23737c44.jpg

ca38bd47.jpg

f567977f.jpg

5db38f3a.jpg

The end is near. Summer is in full swing and we have water in the pool. The only thing we have left are our lights. We were told that we were getting Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED lights. Well, when the electrician came to install the lights he had one Colorlogic 4.0 light (spa) and 2 Colorlogic 2.5 lights (pool). I told him and the field superintendent that we were suppose to get the Colorlogic 4.0 lights for the whole pool. Unfortunately, the electrician informed me that the City of Austin ONLY always low voltage lights. The 4.0 lights are 120 volt and the 2.5 lights are 12 volt. So they had to re-order the spa light. I was not happy about the downgrade in the lights. However it seems to worked out in our favor because when they reordered the "correct" light, Hayward has stopped manufacturing the 2.5 and 4.0 lights and are now manufacturing Colorlogic Universal Light, which is 12 volts and brighter than the 4.0 (also more bells and whistles). So when our LED light came in it was the Universal light for the spa. They now have ordered the Universal lights for the pool. Hopefully they will come in next week and we will be done.

We have been using the BBB method for two weeks now and the pool looks great. The pool builder things its from the chlorine "pucks"... Whatever gets my lights here quicker :lol:

6f5bae59.jpg

f57d5f47.jpg

a16528f8.jpg

e57bf384.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.