Water Loss Over Winter

Dega500

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Hi all,

Just got my pool filled back up to operating level last night and plan on starting her up when i get home this evening.

I just wanted to run something by some of you.

When I closed up last fall I drained the water down below the returns and removed all pvc piping etc. from the pool/ filter and stored it inside. I then placed the winter cover on it. I did not regularly keep the cover drained off this year in hopes that the water on top would help hold it down and keep the wind from blowing it about causing damage that I experienced last year.

The thing is, there was only a little over a foot of water left in the pool. Could the weight of the water on top of the cover displace the water in the pool enough to force it to drain that much out through the disconnected return?

Hmmmm,

Mike

My problem here is that the cover isn't perfect, water can pass from one side to the other. Last fall I siphoned water off a couple of times, the pool level went down. It seems that pool water passes through the liner and I was pumping it out. So, I left it alone. The overall level stayed just below the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.