Pool Opening, When?

Oct 11, 2011
Mobile Alabama
This is the second year I have been taking care of this complexs pool, 18,000gal, and the first season to reopen for me. I am originally from Michigan but am now in Alabama, in Michigan it was a no brainier, when the weather warmed up we pulled the cover off. Does anyone have some suggestions as to the best time in Mobile Al to reopen a pool? We seem to have some warm days but then it switches and the temp drops back down. I don't want to reopen too early because of the increase of attention and chemicals. Also, I'm dealing with a remarkable amount of pollen! Never saw so much in my life! It's all over the place, Yellow dust on everything! So you can see my concern about not opening too early.

Would appreciate any and all comments :lol:

If it's covered with an opaque cover you can probably wait till the end of March or the beginning of April. I wouldn't wait much later than that. Of course that's assuming it was closed correctly. If it wasn't, it's probably already too late. :(

I see, ok thanks. Our pool has not been covered, I have maintained the chemical balance and continued to vacuum it and kept the pump running. The water has stayed clear through out these winter months. What I was wondering was, in this area, Mobile Al., when do most reopen to the public, taking the "POOL CLOSED" signs down and ramp-up maintenance/chemical/water balance testing. Through out the winter months I have only been testing once a week. That will change to every day once the pool reopens. Along with the county unannounced inspections as well. Just want to plan ahead. This is one of two complexes I maintain so I drive back and forth. One complex has 60 units, this one with the pool has 96 units, so I want to buy out my time effectly. So when does the splashing and diving usually start? I'm thinking within the next 2-3 weeks, what are some thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.