Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 vs 380

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 vs 380

We currently have a 380 and need a new one. I read many reviews that say the 280 is actually preferred. Any opinions?

We just have the regular entry steps, no special features in the pool. 18K gallon pool.

Also, has anyone bought equipment from www.poolsupplies4less?

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I prefer the 280 or the Letro Legend because they have fewer moving parts, no belts, and seem to be more reliable.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Ditto!

4. Back To Top    #4

I had a 380, actually still have it. A line broke under the decking and it was cheaper to replace the unit rather than repair the underground line. Anyway, I replaced the Polaris with a Blue Pearl and am glad I did. The Pearl does a much better job of cleaning than the polaris ever did. It is faster and there is no expensive booster pump to run and consume lots of electricity.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    As mentioned above the 280 has fewer moving parts and it also has a larger throat to pick-up larger debris.
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps