Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any use for Leslie's Fresh 'n Clear non-chlorine shock?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any use for Leslie's Fresh 'n Clear non-chlorine shock?

I have to downsize some stuff before the remodel. A few years back, before I found PF and TFP, I bought a large tub of Leslie's Fresh 'n Clear. Is there any use for this in a BBB system? Maybe after a big party or helping clean up gunk that ends up in the pool from the remodel?

Here is what Leslie's web site has to say about this product:
    Added water-clarifier
    Best non-chlorine shock you can buy
    Works with both Bromine Chlorine and Nature2.
    pH stabilized
    Will re-activate bromine
    White, fast-dissolving powder

Maybe I should give it to a friend with a bromine-sanitized hot tub? If there is absolutely no use for it, then I will get it to a hazardous waste drop-off.

Thanks
    Salinda
    owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Non-chlorine shock is mostly useful for indoor pools and spas. In both of those instances it helps prevent and remove the buildup of CC.

For an outdoor pool it isn't of much use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, my pool is outdoor and I don't know of anyone who has an indoor pool or spa around here. I do have friends with spas that are "closed" with those foam spa covers. Would it help for that?
    Salinda
    owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Most any spa could use non-chlorine shock. Any bromine system can use it to reactivate the bromine and you tend to have to shock spas frequently and it would be fine for that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School