Spa jets not spinning

walker3733

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
My spa jets are not spinning anymore. I have pulled them all and made sure they are free of debris. I have a gunite spa that flows into my pool during regular filtration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can upload pics but am writing this from my iPad, if needed I can upload later. I believe it is the waterway poly-jet. It has the model number 218-6010.

If the jets are run through the main pump and filter:

What was filter pressure and what is it now?

Have you cleaned your filter?

What type of filter do you have?

Have you cleaned the pump basket and pump inlet?

If the jets are run off it's own pump:

Have you cleaned the pump basket and pump inlet?

I have a few more questions now:

So have the spa jets worked ok before at that pressure? It seems a little high.

How many jets do you have?

What is your pump model?

What is the filter pressure in pool mode?

Have you checked all of the pad valve settings?

Can you run the filter in bypass mode to see if that changes anything?

I am just trying to eliminate a few things.

So have the spa jets worked ok before at that pressure? They have worked previously but, never really paid attention until they quit spinning

How many jets do you have? 6

What is your pump model? Pentair Challenger, either 2 or 2.5 HP, can't really tell since the labels have worn off.

What is the filter pressure in pool mode? 18 to 20 PSI

Have you checked all of the pad valve settings? Not sure what that is.

Can you run the filter in bypass mode to see if that changes anything? Unclear what this what you mean by this.

Most DE filters have a backwash valve and one of the settings is recirculate or bypass. This essentially bypasses the flow around the filter. If the jets start working again and the filter pressure drops a lot, then that could be a problem with your filter. When spa jets stop working with high filter pressure it is one or more of a few issues:

Filter is clogged restricting flow.
Jets are clogged restricting flow.
Valve settings are incorrect redirecting water thereby reducing flow. You can only check this visually.

By they way when you did remove the spinners, where you able to spin them by hand? Also, did you also remove the nozzles inside the jet pipe when flushing for debris?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.