Autopilot ST-220 Power Supply Fail - Options?

Jan 5, 2012
Hi all,

As a new pool owner after having got a bank-owned home, I realized my SWG wan't generating chlorine. I called up a local company that services Auto-Pilot and they confirmed that the cell is bad as well as the power supply.

After they gave me options (all of which were SWG system replacements at costs higher than I expected!) I decided to do some research.

I'm currently leaning towards buying a DIG-220 power supply and a larger cell since my system already has the manifold/sensor in place. Does anyone know if this controller upgrade comes with any pitfalls, or is it more or less a straight swap?

Are there any other considerations you can think of? This approach will save me approx $1K over what I was being quoted.

Thanks, I appreciate the expertise.

-S

It should be a straight swap out. If you want to change the complete system, you should look at the Compupool units. They've been getting good reviews and have less bells and whistles if you just need a good generator.

madrupe, it is a straight swap out. The new Digital has improvements to the software and power module that allows it to run cooler than previous models. We know heat is always detrimental to circuit boards, so the changes to cool it off has resulted in less customer service calls.
Going with the larger cell will also help with maintaining your pool and longer cell life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.