i have a leak in my in ground pool with a spilover spa

Oct 3, 2011
i have a clean and clear 100 filtering system....use chlorine....definite recurring leak at main niche....letting water go down with system off....so far it has seeminly stopped at spa returns where sand use to come out and air bubbles of spa returns....i am in the process now of using 2 part epoxy at the niche and line the niche with it and especially the area where the low voltage wires exit into the conduit and in route to the low voltage light box...any help would greatly appreciated....hope i don't have to dig under the pool or spa...thanks.....i also have an air blower for spa-----does check valve and coupler have to be cemented in placed or can i leave it horizontally in placed by free standing?

I also have a new leak in my spa. I have an in ground pool with raised spa spilling into the pool. During the hours when the filter is off, the water level of my spa goes down about 6 inches. I have had a leak in my spa niche before, plugged it, and no evidence of water where the light wiring comes to my equipment (where I saw leaking before). There is no other visible evidence of leaking (i.e. no water constantly going out through the drain, no flooded planters, etc).

Where do I start looking?
Thanks!

Hi vtwinbarblaster,
I turned the valve off for the spa return last night after the filter shut off. Sure enough, the water level in the spa remained the same this morning when I checked (prior to the morning filter startup). I do have a check valve with a clear plastic removable cover. I'll check for debris or wear when I get home. Sounds exactly like the problem.

Thanks for your help!

bildpool said:
Hi vtwinbarblaster,
I turned the valve off for the spa return last night after the filter shut off. Sure enough, the water level in the spa remained the same this morning when I checked (prior to the morning filter startup). I do have a check valve with a clear plastic removable cover. I'll check for debris or wear when I get home. Sounds exactly like the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for asking this question because this is a problem I've encountered previously. I'm so new to this, I'm not even sure how different pools are from spas when it comes to filtering. Are there discount places to purchase items such as filters?

bildpool ~ The check valve you have is a 'Jandy' style check valve and is completely rebuildable. I'd take the top off it first and see if it's just a piece of debris holding it open. Then if you need parts you'll know exactly what you need to buy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.