need help please

Sep 28, 2011
I have a my blue pool swg had it for 5 years and I never did any kind of service
Or maintenance always worked fine. This year however it started acting up by not
Being able to set it at the percentage I want. I came back from vacation and my pump
Shut down during a power outage and came back to a pool full of algae. Ive been running
My filter for 2 days straight and I put algaecide go plus in it today. The swg is stuck at 10%
and had the boost button lit for over 30 hours and I cannot get the chlor level up. My aquacheck
Stick is always white for the free chlor. Oh and I also put a 40lb bag of salt a couple of days ago
I thought with all the rain we had and all the water I had to pump out thought it couldn't hurt.
Is something wrong with the swg for being stuck at the 10% mark. Also bought a new smart pool scrubber 60 and it's been cleaning my pool for 5 hours now and it's still green. And should the filter be running with my scrubber robot . thanks Sal

Welcome to TFP!

There are a couple of possibilities. The most likely is that a SWG cell will wear out after several years and need to be replaced. It is also possible that your salt level is way too low, which would have the same symptoms.

When you have algae, you almost invariably need to add additional chlorine manually, beyond what the SWG produces. That is especially true when the SWG is having problems. Take a look at the instructions on how to shock your pool in Pool School for details on how to get rid of algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.