other cya test?

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
i've been searching for hours and i cant find that post about the other name of the taylor cya test instead of the normal one thats in the recommended taylor kit ... I have bad eyes and its hard to read my cya readings in that small view tube .. so i was thinking about trying the one that the dot can be moved up and down in the solution .. might help me .. any other recommendations or atleast the model of cya test im talking about?

I agree with Dave. CYA is a tough test to perform consistently. That's why most of us take a reading, pour it back, mix again, take another reading, again and again, until we get several that match! It makes a huge difference whether it's full sun or overcast as well. I doubt the pool store will take that much time. And if they use test strips, forget it.

The test that I use for CYA is good, so long as you practice a consistent technique. It works in the same way as the black dot test, but takes the measurement electronically. You have to test immediately, otherwise the precipitate starts to settle. You can shake up the sample and test it again and again, rather like pouring the mixture out and back again in the black dot test. I would think this is a really good test for people who have trouble with their eyes, because it eliminates a lot of variables, but on the downside the kit is a lot more expensive, and I doubt it comes as a standalone test - mine is part of a colorimeter kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.